In July 2016 the time had finally come to take the Defender on a bigger trip, it was time for the summer holiday! Me and a friend travelled around the Alps for three weeks. We visited Belgium, Luxembourgh, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria and Germany. The weather was super sweet and we saw so many highlights in such a short timespan.
- 21 days - 20 nights
- 16 campsites
- 4174 pictures
- 3787 km (mileage: 296984 - 300771 km)
- 381 liter diesel
- No problems with the car whatsoever (just to tackle every prejudice about Defenders)
- We counted 84 other Defenders and most drivers waved back at us! Thanks!
It was a trip full of highlights and bucketlist items. We visited the old city of Strasbourg (Fr.), the Ardeche river (Fr.), Lac Sainte Croix (Fr.), Gorges du Verdon (Fr.), Cinque Terre (It.), Lake Garda (It.), Dolomites (It.), Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse (Au.), Innsbruck (Au.), Highline179 (Au.) and finally Neuschwanstein castle (D.).
A small impression of the trip
Campsites we visited
- Beter-uit Holidaypark Walsdorf, near Vianden (Lux.). Be aware, we found out it is a Christian campsite, which you will definitely notice.
- Camping Indigo Straatsburg (Fr.)
- Camping Domain de l'epinette in Chatillon (Fr.)
- Camping La Daxia in Saint-Clair-Du-Rhone (Fr.)
- Camping International in Vallon Pont d'Arc (Fr.)
- Camping La Sousta in Remoulins, nabij Pont Du Gard (Fr.)
- Camping Les Pins in Les Salles-sur-Verdon, aan Lac de Sainte Croix (Fr.)
- Camping Helios in Campo Rosso IM (It.)
- Camping Aqua Dolce in Levanto, nabij Cinque Terre (It.)
- Camping Fossalta in Lazise VR, aan het Gardameer (It.)
- Camping Catinaccio Rosengarten in Pozza di Fassa (It.)
- Camping Falken in Lienz (Au.)
- Camping Panorama Camp in Zell am See (Au.)
- Camping Judenstein in Rinn, near Inssbruck (Au.)
- Camping Reutte in Reutte (Au.)
- Camping Tauber Idyll in Rothenburg ob der Tauber (D.)